Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Abroad

So for Valentine's Day, I hadn't exactly set any expectations (not that I would anyway, right?) on Lance for much, due to the fact that we're abroad and living on a really strict budget (wait, that last part isn't new though...) So you (and all who know Lance well) will be surprised at how wonderful the day turned out to be!

First, we traveled to Charleoi to visit Patrick on Saturday, and Lance kicked off the weekend with this little guy that he surprised me with when i literally turned my back for 3o seconds in the train station. <3


I'd told lance seriously, a MONTH ago that I wanted one of these dope hats because it was freezing outside and I think they are seriously so awesome - plus all the street vendors sell them, so I knew they'd come at a reasonably good price.
 
But Lance told me no, that we need to save for traveling...and he's right. I'd totally forgotten i'd told him I wanted one. So Monday (vday) rolled around, and I went to work early before Lance so I could pick up some chocolate from the grocery store (we made valentines for everyone in the office, which wouldnt have been complete without chocolate!!)... when I came to my desk THIS HAT was sitting atop my little desk lamp. I didn't think much of it, except... what the heck? I asked everyone whos it was, no one knew, so i put it on the shelf on the other side of the room. About 3 hours roll by, lance calls down to my desk and says "did you get your hat?" HAHAH! He didn't even leave a note or anything...like I was supposed to know it was mine. Needless to say, I was SO surprised! I love that! Usually I have a tiny inkling of a surprise lurking ahead, but he got me GOOD on this one.

Next, after our lunch break, I found THIS on my desk (Thanks Tarun for being the sneaky delivery boy!) umm only the YUMMIEST chocolates from Leonidas... seriously delicious.

and THEN he took me to the mall. About a month ago we visited Zara and I've been obsessing over this perfume ever since...he surprised me and took me in, told me to pick my favorite out, and bought it!


THEN he sprung for SMOOTHIES - which I have been DYING for (so many carbs/meat/sugar...no fruit!)...then the BEST Frites in Belgium...then a Goafre (belgian waffle).

           



Lance really did such a wonderful job and made this valentine's day so special. Thanks doll, i love you!!

3 comments:

  1. AWWWW!!! Oh my gosh Lance is on FIRE! He is SO cute! What a great husband! I love that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Loan Fund worked extensively with me to help me anticipate some of the issues that my business may face. Not many lenders would go to that length. They’ve been extremely supportive and a great resource.
    Working with Mr Pedro helped me develop my business plan, ideas and brand before getting started, so I was prepared to open a successful business when I received my loan from Mr Pedro, a loan officer with a huge heart of honesty.
    Contact Mr Pedro on pedroloanss@gmail.com / WhatsApp+1 863 231 0632 .

    ReplyDelete